To pair a phone, follow these steps while sitting inside Model 3:
- Ensure both the touchscreen and the phone are powered on.
- On your phone, enable Bluetooth and ensure it is discoverable.
Note: Some phones may require you to go to Bluetooth Settings for the remainder of the procedure.
- Touch the Bluetooth icon on the top of the touchscreen.
- On the touchscreen, touch Add New Device > Start Search. The touchscreen displays a list of all available Bluetooth devices within operating distance.
- On the touchscreen, touch the phone with which you want to pair. Within a few seconds, the touchscreen displays a randomly generated number, and your phone should display the same number.
- Check that the number displayed on your phone matches the number displayed on the touchscreen. Then, on your phone, confirm that you want to pair.
- If prompted on your phone, specify whether you want to allow Model 3 to access your contacts and media files.
When paired, Model 3 automatically connects to the phone, and the touchscreen displays the Bluetooth symbol next to the phone’s name to indicate that the connection is active.